The Lake Express Bike Drive returns in 2023
Join us in support of Dream Bikes and the Sixteen Street Health Clinics during the annual Lake Express bike drive.
In appreciation for your donation of a gently used bicycle, Lake Express will provide a complimentary roundtrip passenger ticket. The first 500 donors will receive a voucher by mail after the event.
Lake Express Ferry at the Milwaukee ferry terminal.
2330 S Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee, WI
Friday April 28, 2023 8:00 a.m. to Noon or while supplies last.
Donations will benefit programs supported by the Dream Bikes (dream-bikes.org) and Sixteen Street Community Health Clinics (SSCHC.org)
Past drives have distributed bicycles in Milwaukee, Madison, Chicago and internationally.
Since 2010, Lake Express has collected and distributed more than 8,000 bicycles through this program.
- Only bicycles in good working order will be accepted. We reserve the right to decline any donation.
- Bicycles left on site before or after posted hours will not be eligible for travel certificate offer.
- The first 500 donors will receive a certificate by mail, redeemable for one roundtrip classic cabin ticket for the Lake Express (a $187 value).
- Travel any time, any day. Certificates may be redeemed for travel on any 2023 travel date or time (see https://www.lake-express.com/schedule/) for more information.
- Certificates must be exchanged for tickets by June 30, 2023. Call 866-914-1010 or stop in either of our ferry terminals to book your trip.
- Travel certificates are limited to one per household, one per address.
- Your donation of multiple bicycles is welcome and appreciated, but only one certificate will be mailed.
- Certificates carry no cash value and may not be substituted for other products.
- Certificates are valid for only the named donor and are not transferable.
- Certificates posted for sale will be voided.
About the Lake Express: The Milwaukee-based Lake Express ferry began service in 2004, and it is the Midwest’s only high-speed auto/passenger ferry. The ferry accommodates 250 passengers, and holds up to 46 vehicles and 12 motorcycles. With terminals in Milwaukee and Muskegon, Mich., Lake Express makes multiple daily trips across Lake Michigan, with each voyage totaling two and one-half hours. Ample parking and easy interstate access are available at both terminals, as well as car rental, taxi and shuttle services. As a fun, fast and easy transportation service, Lake Express has become the premier travel option to avoid lengthy, congested drives through Chicago.
About Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers: Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers has proudly cared for the southside of Milwaukee and Waukesha since 1969. lt cares for nearly 43,000 primarily low-income, Latino or diverse individuals providing the highest quality medical, behavioral health, and substance use care to every person who walks through its doors.