Welcome to Grand Haven!
When you say hello to western Michigan, you are also saying hello to miles of beautiful beaches along Lake Michigan and endless trails of dunes for scenic hikes. You say hello to coffee shops, breweries, lighthouses and trolley rides, swimming, sailing, fishing and art. You say hello to charming small towns and vibrant cities where around every corner is a new family tradition waiting to be experienced.
All of this and more can be found in Grand Haven, just 15 miles from the Lake Express Muskegon Terminal!
Our Top Ten Things to Do in Grand Haven
- Take a stroll, jog, or bike ride along the famous Grand Haven boardwalk to experience a riverside view of some of the city’s greatest restaurants, breweries and coffee shops. End your stroll along the boardwalk with the best view in town, a Lake Michigan sunset at the Grand Haven Lighthouse and Pier!
- This is no ordinary fountain! Take the kids to The Grand Haven Musical Fountain! A synchronized water and light show accompanied with music of all types, from classical to pop/rock hits, from musical to country songs, you don’t want to miss this nightly colorful show!
- For the nature-lover in you, check out the Grand Haven State Park along the shores of Lake Michigan. Go camping, fishing, swimming and soak up the sun at this destination spot!
- Have a delicious and famous hot dog on a stick at a local favorite, Pronto Pup! Located right along the river, everyone enjoys a stop at this hot dog stand!
- The most important meal of the day can be found in coffee and pastry shops scattered around Grand Haven’s streets. Have a bite and a cup of coffee to start the day at Aldea Coffee, The Baker’s Wife, or Morning Star Cafe!
- See the city from a new and charming perspective on Grand Haven’s Historic Trolley Rides throughout downtown!
- For a taste of hand-crafted beers and local ambiance, make sure to check these breweries off your list: Odd Side Ales, Grand Armory Brewing Company, and Grand Haven Brew House!
- Sail away on boat tours that you and the whole family can enjoy! Wind Dancer Schooner Charters, Chinook Pier Sport Fishing, and Tab’s Sport Fishing Charters!
- Dinner time in Grand Haven means must-have pizza at Fricano’s Pizza Tavern, refreshing seafood at The Grand Seafood and Oyster Bar, award winning chili and more at JW’s Food and Spirits, and waterfront views with your meal at Snug Harbor.
- Get your sweet tooth satisfied after a day in the sun at these local ice-cream, frozen yogurt and dessert stops, The Pump House, Temptations, Dairy Treat, Skoop’s and The Wandering Cow!