Welcome to Milwaukee!
Say hello to Brew City! Home to a vibrant community, young and old, artists and musicians, scholars and workers, a city full of charm and life! Home to legendary breweries, river walks, music halls, vintage coffee shops, historic museums, city skylines and the shores of Lake Michigan!
Our Top Ten Things To Do In Milwaukee
- Take in the heart of downtown on the beautiful Milwaukee RiverWalk. An outdoor art gallery that extends 20 blocks through the Historic Third Ward, full of restaurants, shops, cafes and art studios, to Brewers Hill, to parks and theaters! Pass by Milwaukee’s vibrant architecture, stop to see our beloved Gertie the Duck and Bronze Fonz sculpture, take a break in the Milwaukee Ale House, and see the city light up at night all along our cobblestone RiverWalk!
- Find out where this city got its nickname! Brewery tours, beer halls, beer gardens, pedal taverns and historic attractions give visitors from all over the world a taste of our rich brewing history. Take the whole family on an entertaining tour of Lakefront Brewery, ranked as the fourth best brewery tour in the nation, their quirky tour guides will give you a reason to laugh and enjoy! More brewing tours include the “beer in hand” tour at the Milwaukee Brewing Company, local art and brew come together at Brennar Brewing Company, enjoy some night lights and live music at City Brewing Company and go back through 150 years of brewing history for an hour long free tour through MillerCoors‘ underground caves where Fredrick Miller first cooled his brew. If you want to try new ways to enjoy your beer, try our pedal tavern, Milwaukee’s 16 person, bicycle-powered pub crawl or America’s only brewery tour by boat!
- The Milwaukee Art Museum is Milwaukee’s most iconic structure on the lakefront. Under its movable wings live 30,000 collections of paintings, sculptures, prints, photographs and more. The kids can enjoy the Kohl’s Art Generation Open Studio and create their own art project to take home!
- Veteran’s Park lines the shore of Lake Michigan, making it a wonderful place for families to spend their day flying kites, renting pedal boats, kayaks, and eating delicious ice cream!
- Find our various Bublr Bike stations around the city and bike to the lakefront with the family for some great views and great exercise!
- Feel like a local and shop local when you explore the Historic Third Ward along the riverfront, home to independently owned restaurants, bars, boutiques and art galleries. Make sure to check out our world-acclaimed Milwaukee Public Market, grab a bite of delicious food at Cafe Benelux, Screaming Tuna, Colectivo Coffee, Smoke Shack, or Riverfront Pizzeria to name a few!
- For experiences the whole family can appreciate, places like Discovery World, Milwaukee Public Museum, Milwaukee County Zoo and Milwaukee’s Living landmark, The Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory(The Domes) in Milwaukee are wonderful ways to adventure!