Welcome to Muskegon
When you say hello to western Michigan, you are also saying hello to miles of beautiful beaches along Lake Michigan and endless trails of dunes for scenic hikes. You say hello to coffee shops, breweries, lighthouses and trolley rides, swimming, sailing, fishing and art. You say hello to charming small towns and vibrant cities where around every corner is a new family tradition waiting to be experienced.
There is plenty to see and do when you visit Muskegon Michigan as part of your trip on the Lake Express high speed ferry. Just a few of our favorite things.
- Pere Marquette Park located right on the shore of lake Michigan and has everything for families to enjoy, from a beautiful, sandy beach to water sports and dining!
- To explore Muskegon’s past and culture, head to the Muskegon Museum of Art, Hackley Park, and the Hackley & Hume Historic Site!
- Come tour a real World War II submarine at the USS Silversides Submarine Museum!
- Tour the USS LST 393, a ship that has been in operation since 1943! This ship was a huge part of our history including being apart of the landings at Omaha Beach, Normandy, France for D-Day.
- Pick up some fresh goods at the Muskegon Farmers Market, a place where you can find fruit and vegetables, breads and pastries, flowers and art, and a friendly crowd!
- Michigan’s Adventure is an amusement park you and the kids can enjoy, with the famous Thunderhawk, a suspending looping coaster and WildWater, an outdoor waterpark!
- Take an art walk in Downtown Muskegon. More than 30 pieces of public art are featured on the art walk map.
- For a day of health and relaxation, go to downtown Muskegon’s yoga studio, Rootdown, and make sure to get a fresh smoothie after your session!
- If you’re in the mood for coffee or a beer, go to Unruly Brewing Company, they double as both! As a coffee shop in the morning, and a pub at night, Unruly provides a great atmosphere with live music and good company!
- For dessert try Ryke’s Bakery to find beautiful and delicious custom cakes and cupcakes!
Take a look around Muskegon
Our friends and partners can tell you more and help plan your perfect getaways:
Muskegon area Visitor and Convention bureau