Welcome to South Haven!
Our Top Ten Things To Do In South Haven
- North Beach is a beautiful beach near downtown where people go for a quiet getaway, there are concession stands and volleyball nets set up if you are in the mood for a game! If you have small children, head to South Beach, where there is a children’s playground and a big red lighthouse!
- Continue your Great Lakes experience after you get off the Lake Express at the Michigan Maritime Museum. This museum takes you through captivating exhibits full of maritime research and preservation. Climb aboard the historic replica tall ship Friends Good Will for a look into Lake Michigan’s history.
- The lake is yours to explore in South Haven when you head to Soha Surf Shop, where you can rent paddleboards. longboards, kayaks and accessories, plus a shop for all your water wear needs!
- Wineries and breweries are right around the corner when you travel to South Haven. Drink local and head over to Cogdal Vineyards, just a half mile away from the shores of Lake Michigan or 12 Corners Vineyards for a wine tasting in a beautiful, rustic setting. Go to South Haven Brewpub for a lighter environment full of crafted beer, food and music!
- The 54th Annual National Blueberry Festival will be held in South Haven this coming August! A parade, kidzone, fair, live music, ice cream social, sidewalk sales, beer and wine tents and of course, blueberries will fill the streets of downtown for the weekend! You don’t want to miss this!
- The South Haven Center for the Arts is a must-go for visitors. It features pieces from independent artists and captivating exhibits the whole family can enjoy!
- Famous for their ice cream, South Haven will make you want to skip dinner and head straight for dessert! Sherman’s Ice Cream started in 1916, and is still made the old-fashioned for a creamy, delicious taste! Try their original flavors like Grasshopper, Chocomania and Cappuccino Chip!
- For an old-time saloon vibe, dine at South Haven’s Clementines. The setting is fun for the whole family with quirky antiques on every wall to look at, good food to eat, and a happy environment to enjoy!
- Want an outdoor, family, relaxing activity? Check out Golf Digest’s 4.5 star rating, championship golf course at HawksHead. They offer a Sunday Family Gold special throughout the summer! HawksHead also offers dining and an inn if you want to stay a while! This beautiful setting will make your stay in South Haven a memorable one!