The Lake Express Earth Week Bike Drive returns in 2019
Join us in support of bicycle charities this Earth Week during the annual Lake Express bike drive.
In appreciation for your donation of a gently used bicycle, Lake Express will provide a complimentary roundtrip passenger ticket. The first 500 donors will receive a voucher by mail after the event.
Lake Express Ferry at the Milwaukee ferry terminal.
2330 S Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee, WI
Donations will benefit programs supported by the Sixteenth Street Health Center and the Milwaukee Bicycle Collective including:
- Southside Bike Day
- Shop with a Cop (Ozaukee County)
- Milwaukee Public School Mountain Bike Program
- National Night Out
- Working Bikes
Past drives have distributed bicycles in Milwaukee, Madison, Chicago and internationally.
Since 2010, Lake Express has collected and distributed more than 5,000 bicycles through this program.
The event date and time will be announced the week of the event.
Join our mailing list to be notified directly when bike drive times are announced.
- Only bicycles in good working order will be accepted. We reserve the right to decline any donation.
- Bicycles left on site after posted hours will not be eligible for travel certificate offer.
- The first 500 donors will receive a certificate by mail, redeemable for one roundtrip classic cabin ticket for the Lake Express (a $161 value).
- Travel any time, any day. Certificates may be redeemed for travel on any 2019 travel date or time (see https://www.lake-express.com/schedule/) for more information.
- Certificates must be exchanged for tickets by June 28, 2019. Call 866-914-1010 or stop in either of our ferry terminals to book your trip.
- Travel certificates are limited to one per household, one per address.
- Your donation of multiple bicycles is welcome and appreciated, but only one certificate will be mailed.
- Certificates carry no cash value and may not be substituted for other products.
- Certificates are valid for only the named donor and are not transferable.
- Certificates posted for sale will be voided.